Catskill Forest Association
Ryan Trapani, Executive Director
43469 State Hwy. 28
PO Box 336
Arkville, NY 12406
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
This will show up if the script is missing or flash isn't installed
- Forest Management
- Tree ID
- Impartial & confidental forestry advice
- Tree health
- Woods walks
- Local maple sugaring
- Tree planting
- On-site visits
- "From the Forest" Wed. 6pm WIOX
- Forestry issues
Going Green Commitments
- CFA is a non-profit, member based organization that promotes forest stewardship in the Catskill region by forest landowners, timber harvesters, foresters and the general public. The association advocates quality forest management practices for the purpose of improving the health of the forest, preventing threats to the forest ecosystem, and supporting conservation efforts. Whether you’re managing your forested land for wildlife, recreation, water quality, aesthetics, or timber, CFA can help you keep it sustainable and healthy.
- As a member of CFA you will receive a quarterly newsletter, schedule of events including woods walks, workshops, demonstrations and more! It will also give you access to experts and information to aid you in all aspects of managing your property. For a minimal charge take advantage of our “On-Site Visit Program”, where a CFA Forester will come directly to your property, walk it with you, give you ideas and answer any general and specific questions you might have. Everything is confidential and impartial in order to best serve you.
- As a private forest landowner you comprise the largest segment of ownership of New York’s forested land. We can not depend on the small amount of state and industrial landowners to provide society with everything it needs from our open spaces. Start now and ensure that our forests are healthy and sustainable for present and future generations.
Hours of OperationOffice hours Monday - Friday 9am-4pm or by appointment
"From the Forest" -- Weekly radio talk show on WIOX, 91.3 FM every Wednesday evening at 6 pm!
We'll Impress YouThe Catskill Forest Association, also called "CFA," is a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to enhancing all aspects of the forest in New York's Catskill region. The region has been known for its beautiful forests, but besides beauty, the hardwood forests also benefit the area by:
* providing wood & fiber to industry world-wide
* offering world-class trout fishing streams
* supporting a rich diversity of plants and animals
* hosting tourists & recreationists from around the world
* encompassing and protecting New York City's watershed
* supporting generations of families through tree farming and logging
Through our program, CFA works to ensure that the Catskill Mountains have a productive, working forest for present and future generations.