Catskill Forest Association, Inc.
Ryan Trapani, Director of Forest Services
43469 State Hwy. 28
PO Box 336
Arkville, NY 12406
Contact via Email
Text the word: CATSKILLFA To: 72727
Visit our Website
Going Green Commitments
- CFA is a non-profit, member based organization that promotes forest stewardship in the Catskill region for individual landowners and businesses, timber harvesters, foresters and the general public.
- The association advocates quality forest management practices for the purpose of improving the health of the forest, preventing threats to the forest ecosystem, and supporting conservation efforts.
- Whether you're managing your forested land for wildlife, recreation, water quality, aesthetics, or timber, CFA can help you keep it sustainable and healthy.
- As a member of CFA you will have access to experts and an abundance of information to aid you in all aspects of managing your property. You'll also receive a quarterly newsletter and access to events like woods walks, workshops, and demonstrations. Read more about them on our website, and call to register.
- Take advantage of our On-Site Visit Program. A CFA Forester will come directly to your property, walk it with you, gather information and answer any general and specific questions you might have. Everything is confidential and impartial in order to best serve you.
- As a private forest landowner you comprise the largest segment of ownership of New York's forested land. We can not depend on the small amount of state and industrial landowners to provide society with everything it needs from our open spaces. Start now and ensure that our forests are healthy and sustainable for present and future generations.
Hours of OperationMonday: 12pm-5pm
Tuesday - Friday: 9am-5pm
Or by appointment
The Catskill Forest Association was incorporated in Arkville, New York, on November 17, 1982. The Association was formed for the purpose of promoting knowledge and understanding of forest ecology and economics; to promote long-term forest management; to educate the public and enhance the economy of the Catskill region; to demonstrate economically feasible and environmentally sound forest practices: to serve as a source of information about forest management; to serve private landowner rights; and to identify and manage private forest lands dedicated to the demonstration and practices of high standards of forestry. The Association receives the majority of its operating funds through private grants, workshops, membership dues and contributions.
Covering a six-county region in Central New York State, the Catskill Forest Association works to protect the health and well being of the forests in our region, which benefits the trees, of course, but all of the flora, fauna, and families living and vacationing here, too."From the Forest" -- Weekly radio talk show on WIOX, 91.3 FM every Wednesday evening at 6 pm!
We'll Impress YouThe Catskill Forest Association, also called "CFA," is a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to enhancing all aspects of the forest in New York's Catskill region. The region has been known for its beautiful forests, but besides beauty, the hardwood forests also benefit the area by:
* providing wood & fiber to industry world-wide
* offering world-class trout fishing streams
* supporting a rich diversity of plants and animals
* hosting tourists & recreationists from around the world
* encompassing and protecting New York City's watershed
* supporting generations of families through tree farming and logging
Through our program, CFA works to ensure that the Catskill Mountains have a productive, working forest for present and future generations.